- Prioritize consumption of solar power over utility electricity
- Avoid utility demand charges
- Backup in areas prone to grid outages to minimize production losses
Enabled by PriorityPower Conext XW+ will prioritize the self-consumption of stored battery and PV generated power before purchasing grid power, helping business owners avoid high utility charges. XW+ will also provide for backup in areas prone to grid outages. Conext XW+ takes it one step further by enabling excess PV power to be sold using GridSellCoupling the PV system to the battery bank with Conext MPPT Solar Charge Controllers is the most efficient and economical method for self-consumption and for storing PV power. Both Conext XW+ and SW will also charge the battery bank from the grid if solar irradiation is insufficient. Batteries and Solar PV can be scaled up as needed. There are two main applications for ParallelPower:
Grid Boosting: Conext XW+ and SW can supplement the grid input with extra power to support large loads, temporarily boosting power within a building with a limited grid supply.
Peak Load Shaving: Conext XW+ can limit the power draw from the utility connection by adding power above a set point to support large temporary loads, helping avoid peak usage charges.
Conext solutions includes:
- Prioritize consumption of solar power with PriorityPower
- Avoid utility demand charges with ParallelPower
- Temporarily increase power within the home with ParallelPower
- Take advantage of the lower lifetime cost of Lithium Ion batteries with ChargePower technology
- Sell power to the utility with GridSell (Conext XW+)