Here are upcoming events from Schneider Electric Solar.
- This event has passed.
Conext XW+ Inverter Chargers for Off-Grid Applications
November 11, 2015 - November 12, 2015
The Conext XW+ Inverter Chargers course is aimed at product managers, technical staff and existing installers of off-grid, battery backed energy storage systems, small scale and commercial solar systems.
The Conext XW+ Inverter Charger course will equip the attendee with the skills to design off-grid systems, program the inverter charger, fault find and maintain off-grid and battery backed energy storage systems used in conjunction with external generators and solar charge controllers.
CEC certified solar designer or installer with a practical working knowledge in the design, installation and commissioning residential or commercial solar systems. Experience in off-grid and battery backed energy storage systems highly recommended.
- CEC certified installer of solar system
- Strong Electrical or technical background
- Experience with off-grid, grid-tie and battery energy storage systems
- Working knowledge and programming experience of inverter charger products
- Highly PC literate
Prerequisite Training Courses:
Licensed Electrical Contractor, Product Manager, Technical Service, CEC Accreditation
- Basic solar principles
- An overview of the off-grid products and their operation
- Xanbus network communications
- An overview of the solar charge controllers and their operation
- Integration with external generators
- Design and applications for the inverter chargers
- An overview of battery technology and battery charging techniques
- Programming and commissioning of the inverter chargers
- Networking and multi phase applications for inverters chargers
- System Control Panel (SCP) for configuring inverter and Chargers
- Automatic Generator Start (AGS) controlling third party electrical generators
- Remote monitoring
- How to use sizing tools for maximum energy harvest
- Firmware upgrades
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills